1. Started off this day-o-errands at Starbucks! Yay! My favorite special treat for myself, AND I had a gift card. Double win. Order coffee, receive coffee, notice that a) coffee cost .43 more and b) looks alarmingly smaller than normal. Ummm Starbucks? Did you decrease the size of your Grande cups? Just tell me the truth. There is no sense denying it. If the petite cup wasn't bad enough, it was only about 3/4 full, and to make it all just a big old crapcake? It was cold.
2. Oh well, I said to myself...At least I didn't pay for it. Coffee debacle was basically forgotten. Next, library to drop off a book and look for something. Library is closed on Friday you say?? Oh, well that makes perfect sense since this IS FRIDAY and I'm here.
3. Now onto Party City! The BATMAN party is one week away. I put the baby in the cart and started whizzing around the store looking for the BATMAN section. Found the BATMAN section. Discovered the BATMAN section looked remarkably like this:
Hmm. Expecting this:
So apparently it's the end of the world is nearing and the only supplies you will need to survive the Apocalypse are BATMAN party supplies. I didn't get that memo. Either that, or some kid, somewhere is going to have the most kickass BATMAN party there ever was, with BATMAN shit everywhere. That kid can kiss my ass.
This store was overflowing with every single other party theme you could think of. Dora, SpongeBob, Transformers, Cars, etc etc etc, and I have never in my life seen so much SPIDERMAN crap in one location, but BATMAN? Nope. Well, they had ONE mask and some pencil sharpeners. "Hey kids! Welcome to Jacob's party! Now everyone pass around the one mask and then you can sharpen your plain #2 pencils (because the store was out of BATMAN pencils) in your BATMAN pencil sharpener while you eat your cake on plain yellow plates and pretend you're at a BATMAN party."
So, I find a Party City employee and our conversation goes like this:
Me: Hi. Um, I am having a BATMAN party and I noticed that your BATMAN section is basically empty.
Her: ::blank stare::
Me: Soooo, do you have any BATMAN stuff that you haven't put out yet?
Me: Okaaaay. This party is a week away. Do you think you will get any more BATMAN stuff in?
Her: I doubt it.
Me: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
....10 minutes later, after not-filling my cart with a few scraps I managed to find that might work, like plain yellow and blue plastic buckets for candy and some ugly treat bags, etc, I go up to pay where Ms. Congeniality herself is now working the cash register.
Her: Did you find everything ok?
Me: Uhhhh NO.
Her: Oh, I'm sorry. What were you looking for?
Me: ::blank stare:: .... Um, BATMAN. You have no BATMAN stuff.
Her: ::slight moment of recognition:: Oh yeah.
A happy side note: I had this coupon for $10 off if I spent $50. Well, obviously I didn't spend $50 so I asked the lady in line behind me, with a full cart of napkins and stuff, if she could use my coupon. She nearly burst into tears she was so grateful. She said she was throwing an engagement party for her daughter and it was costing so much more than she ever thought and didn't know how she was going to pay for it all. I wanted to say chill lady, it's only ten bucks, but she must have *really* needed that ten dollars, so, in a way I'm almost grateful that I didn't spend $50 at Party City.
4. Onto Target. Of course, more SPIDERMAN junk out the ying-yang, but not a BATMAN trinket in sight. Somehow I still managed to spend $90 after waiting in line behind eight million people in the one lane that was open.
5. Decide it's time to head home, the baby is cranky, I'm cranky, we're both hungry. I'm near one of my favorites, Panera Bread! I decide I deserve a delicious yet mostly healthy lunch for all of my troubles today. Nevermind that the only reason I go to Panera Bread is for the bread which is not all that healthy but whatever. I order my yummy soup and salad and imagine my horror when I open my bag and discover that Panera BREAD has forgotten to actually put the BREAD in my bag. %#*@#&%@#* Really, Panera (no) Bread? Could you be anymore inconsiderate? I was really counting on your carbs to ease my pain. That's like going to Starbucks and they give you your scone but forget your coffee.
Ok I have gotten out all of the complaining, this day better rectify itself.